Monday, April 6, 2009

The Great Bathroom Remodel - Day 2

Well, I've wrapped up Day 2 working on the bathroom and I'm getting closer to completion.

90% of the FRP board is now installed, and the vent pipe has been reinstalled. Unfortunately, the trim rings scraped the paint off a bit, so I'll need to tape everything off around it and touch it up when I do the caulking work tomorrow.

The bathroom is really bright now. That white FRP really boosts the light output of the single bulb fixture in the bathroom. I can only imagine what its going to be like with the mirror fronted medicine cabinet reinstalled.

The trim ring I used around the top of the bathroom is the original trim ring that was in there, I just wiped it with some paint thinner and then applied a bead of sealant along the back (Something it didn't have originally).

And my thanks, again, goes to DakotaCamper for the donation of the Fantastic Fan that's in there as well. That fan has come in really handy for removing the fumes from the remodel work. I just have to remember to pull the bathroom door open all the way or the thing will suck the thing shut, even on low.

Anyway, here's the pictures from today's work, click the image to view it bigger:



No comments:

Post a Comment